This is the first block of housing certified in Spain built in 2017 under the Passivhaus standard, and therefore has a demand for heating below 15kWh / m2a, and a heating load of 10W / m2.
This implies that a floor of 75m2 will have a heating load of only 750W, so with a hair dryer there would be enough to heat two houses.
To achieve this the following principles have been applied:
1- Insulation: A continuous thermal envelope is projected on the exterior of the building, which is not interrupted on deck or on the ground floor. Exterior insulation minimizes thermal bridges.
2- Thermal bridges: all the construction details have been modelled with a thermal bridge calculation program, so that it can be guaranteed that at any point inside the building there will be at least 17ºC of temperature. The terraces have been disconnected from the interior structure, the slab being cut so that the insulation line can have continuity, and the blinds go outside to avoid sealing problems, and the pre-frame has had to be extended to place a rigid insulation block, so that the facade rock wool has continuity to the carpentry itself.
3- High-performance carpentry and glazing with high-performance PVC profile with low U value and high levels of air tightness: in all the houses a door-blowing test has been carried out, applying standards en13829 and ISO 9972, and criteria foreseen by the Passivhaus Institut. The average tightness was 0.40 renewals / hour, a figure well below the 0.6r / h required by the Passivhaus Institute for certification.
4- Ventilation with heat recovery: When you have worked exhaustively the sealing makes perfect sense to use a mechanical ventilation of double flow, with recovery of heat of high efficiency. This allows the air to be preheated in winter to 17-18 ° C, so the differential is only 3-4 ° C. With a simple flow would have to raise the temperature of the outdoor air from 0 ° C on a winter day to 21 ° C set point.
- Primary energy need :5,90 kWhpe/m2.year
- Primary energy need for standard building: 24,20 kWhpe/m2.year
- Final Energy : 26,80 kWhfe/m2.year
- Breakdown for energy consumption :
- Heating 6.60kWh / m2a
- ACS 17.76kWh / m2a
- Cooling 2.5kWh / m2a
More information :
- Demand for heating will be below 15kWh / m2a, as the Passivhaus certification proves.
- Envelope U-Value : 0,17 W.m-2.K-1
- Air Tightness Value : 0,40
More information :
- The façade is composed of exterior to interior:
- Ventilated composite aluminium façade
- Thermal insulation of double density rock wool in 10cm
- Waterproof coating
- Half massive brick flagpole
- Mineral wool 5cm
- Cardboard plaster partition