Previous editions of the IEECB&SC conference have attracted key international researchers and experts on energy efficiency in non-residential buildings and smart communities, district and cities. The conference is mainly addressed to academic, researchers and energy efficiency experts, ESCOs, utilities, buildings energy and environmental managers, buildings engineers and architects, equipment manufacturers and commercial property investors, with the aim to promote and diffuse the concept of energy efficiency in new and existing non-residential buildings and enlarge the market for energy neutral and sustainable non-residential buildings.
The conference covers also the topic of smart and sustainable districts, communities and cities, as energy systems and transport, efficiency technologies and renewable energies are often optimized at district or city level.
The Call for Abstracts include:
- (non-residential) Building policies and programmes, including design, implementation and evaluation;
- (non-residential) Building design, operation, retrofits and simulation programmes;
- Specific technologies (HVAC, lighting and street light, advanced material for insulation and storage, RES integration, poly-generation, building control systems);
- Audits and commissioning, energy management, ESCOs and financing ;
- Control systems, smart buildings and demand response;
- Behaviour (occupants and property owners) and investment decisions;
- Smart, carbon neutral and sustainable districts, communities and cities;
- Sustainable urban planning;
The conference aims at attracting international experts, academics and companies to allow exchanges of experiences and best practices among different regions, countries and continents. Accepted abstracts will be presented at the conference (oral presentation). Selected authors have the possibility, if they wish so, to prepare a peer reviewed paper to be published in the book of the proceedings.