Croatia Green Building Council is organizing an GREEN BUILDING and SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT Conference which will be held on November 12 in Esplanade hotel, Zagreb, Croatia.
The Conference is the Central Annual gathering of specialists and experts for the Green economy, Sustainability in building design and construction, Green energy and Transport together with the Sustainable Development in general.
Croatia Green Building Council (CGBC) has pursued its goal of being the leader in transformation of the Croatian construction and real estate markets towards sustainability, by promoting green building programmes and technologies, as well as integrating the available and obtained knowledge, experience and insights into design, construction and management of buildings in Croatia.
There are currently more than a 110 active members from different areas (business, the public sector, academia) in our association. The Croatia Green Building Council is also an established member of the World Green Building Council (http://www.worldgbc.org/) and its European network.
The CGBC's aim is to work with public and private sectors alike, to apply sustainable building principles and offer to the market content and activities based on several key areas. Our contribution consists of providing information to and educating people, enabling cooperation and forging partnerships with other organizations, organising symposiums, seminars, workshops, conferences and annual meetings, organising and taking part in public-awareness campaigns and, where appropriate, working to further building regulations.
CONFERENCE MAIN TOPICS:
- GREEN AND SUSTAINABLE ECONOMY – nZEB STANDARD & GB CERTIFICATION SYSTEMS (LEED, BREEAM, DGNB)
- GREEN BUILDING - POTENTIALS AND EXAMPLES OF GOOD PRACTICES
- SMART CITIES – CASE STUDIES
- 11TH CROATIAN FORUM OF SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION - CIRCULAR ECONOMY
- SUSTAINABLE REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS AND FINANCING
- SUSTAINABILITY IN TOURISM AND CULTURAL HERITAGE
- SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT
- GREEN ENERGY
The Conference is targeting the following participants:
- representatives of government and state offices, relevant ministries, regional and local authorities,
- directors, managers and real estate advisors at companies, banks and other companies,
- developers, investors, architects, designers, constructors, building materials manufacturers,
- representatives of energy companies,
- representatives of the academic community and many others.
The Faculty of Civil Engineering of the University of Zagreb and Holcim Croatia have started in 2007 to encourage discussion on sustainable construction. The purpose of the event is to bring together experts, as speakers and participants, and through concrete practical examples influence on the development of the construction industry in Croatia. Forum represents a Platform for Expressing Different Attitudes - from participants is expected to challenge lecturers, to express their opinions, to ask questions. For this purpose, the organizer on each Forum sets up the panel that projects questions received from forum participants via Twitter or SMS.
From this year, a synergy is launched : 12 Croatian Forum on Sustainable Construction will be organized within the GREEN BUILDING and SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT Conference, with the key topic - the circular economy.