The webinar will focus on Harnessing Electricity’s Potential, with insights on many key questions about the future energy system, including:
• How much will the transformation to a clean-energy system cost and what are the financing challenges?
• Is solar the answer to decarbonising the electricity supply?
• How can technologies help continue to exploit the advantages of natural gas in a decarbonized energy system?
• Can electrification have a meaningful impact on transportation, and if so, how?
• Is energy storage the game changer that many want to believe?
• What will it take to reach high-efficiency power generation in India?
The webinar will take place at 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM CEST
Energy Technology Perspectives sits at the heart of the International Energy Agency's work on energy technology and policy. It offers a comprehensive, long-term analysis of trends in the energy sector - and of the technologies that are essential to achieving an affordable, secure and low-carbon system.
Starting from the premise that electricity will be an increasingly important vector in energy systems of the future, Energy Technology Perspectives 2014 (ETP 2014) takes a deep dive into actions needed to support deployment of sustainable options for generation, distribution and end-use consumption.
In addition to modelling the global outlook to 2050 under different scenarios, ETP 2014 incorporates the IEA's annual progress report (Tracking Clean Energy Progress 2014) on global efforts to engineer a clean-energy transformation.