The IEECB&SC’16 Conference "Improving Energy Efficiency in Commercial Buildings and Smart Communities" seeks to bring together commercial buildings’ investors and property managers, academia, building technologies researchers, equipment manufacturers, service providers (energy service companies (ESCOs), utilities, facilities management companies), urban planner and policy makers, with a view to exchange information, to learn from each other and to network. In particular the conference aims to attract property investors, architects, and urban planners to present and discuss synergies and cooperation in removing existing barriers to energy efficiency and smart buildings, as well as the importance of public buildings as showcase example for energy efficiency solutions and practices.
Contributions are invited focussing on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- lighting, appliances and equipment;
- building envelope, passive techniques and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning);
- examples of advanced/demonstration buildings;
- ICT equipment and data centres;
- renewable energy sources, distributed electricity and heat generation;
- control systems, internet of things (IoT) and BEMS;
- energy and facility management, energy services;
- policies and programmes (local, national or International);
- energy consumption monitoring and benchmarking, energy modelling of building Performances;
- demand response;
- behaviour and barriers to energy efficiency, investors’ motivation and financing;
- sustainable and smart communities, districts and cities.
- November 15, 2015: Abstracts submission deadline;
- November 27, 2015: Notification of abstract acceptance;
- January 22, 2016: Draft papers submission deadline;
- March 13, 2016: Final papers submission deadline.
Please visit the conference website for more information at: