Financing sustainable energy investments is a key challenge for the EU's climate and energy strategy. Engagement with market actors is needed at all levels of the value chain in order to structure demand and supply of finance for energy efficiency and small-scale renewables.
This session, organised in the framework of the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW), will discuss the latest developments of EU policy on sustainable energy finance and how the EU is answering the needs of market actors through policy work, ongoing Horizon 2020 projects and European Investment Bank (EIB) activities.
- European policies to support sustainable energy finance, Paul Hodson, Head of Unit Energy Efficiency, European Commission, DG ENER
- EIB support to sustainable energy finance, Ralf Goldmann, Head of Unit, European Investment Bank
- Challenges in setting up integrated services for home renovation in France, Françoise Réfabert, CEO, Vesta Finance Conseil
- Standardising investments: the Investor Confidence Project, Steve Fawkes, Principal at Energy Pro
- Reducing transactions costs through a Sustainable Energy Assessment Framework, Jessica Stromback, Chairman for Europe, Joule Assets
- View from the banking sector, James Vaccaro, Head of Corporate Strategy, Triodos Bank (tbc)
For further information please visit the relevant EUSEW webpage.