The aims of the workshop are
1. To identify national trends and barriers for adoption of current and emerging energy-efficient technologies and products for buildings. The workshop will provide a forum of discussion and consensus development among policy and decision makers in government, industry, and research institutes. Specific attention will be paid to energy efficient ventilation and boundary conditions for a good indoor climate.
2. To outline strategies and drivers for change to incentives to increase adoption rate of these technologies, and accelerate the transition process towards a comfortable, healthy, and energy-efficient built environment. Emphasis will be placed on aspects of cooling and heating.
3. To discuss what are emerging technologies with high potential to realize energy-efficient buildings and good indoor environments. And to find an answer to the question if there are sufficient incentives to accelerate market introduction.
4. To document success stories and best practices that facilitated effective uptake and implementation of energy-efficient and innovative technologies in buildings, while taking high quality and healthy environments into account.
The expected outcome of this workshop
The findings will be documented into a report that will summarise barriers, strategies and a sample of best practices for an accelerated market uptake of innovative products for energy-efficient and high quality buildings.
- For all participants: update on best practices, success stories, and barriers for market update of energy-efficient technologies in buildings.
- Primarily for policy makers: consensus on required boundary conditions and drivers for an effective market uptake of innovative technologies for energy-efficient buildings, and update on emerging technologies for energy-efficient and healthy buildings.
- Primarily for industry: insights in (national) markets on innovative buildings technologies, technologies with high impact for energy savings, and an answer to the question what is needed to launch a good product in the market.
More information on: