Make your building the star!
Shoot a video of your Passive House project and share it with the world!
Find all the video entries on YouTube: International Mid-year Passive House Open days
Given the current circumstances require further social-distancing measures, we have adjusted the guidelines for the mid-year International Passive House Open Days.
We believe that the event is an important opportunity to convince people of the benefits of energy efficient buildings. Thus, in order to make sure no one misses out we are taking the Open Days online! However, in order to provide a digital alternative for the Passive House Open Days, we need your help!
To enable ‘visitors’ to experience the benefits of Passive House buildings, we are collecting video tours of Passive House buildings. Owners can show off their projects in these short clips. To give you an idea of how the videos should look, we have produced a video ourselves that serve as an example: YouTube
· Video files: please send in .mp4 files only
· Please insert a title screen with the Headline "Mid-year International Passive House Open Days"
· Length: We recommend videos be around 5 minutes long
· Submission: Please upload your final videos until June 19, 2020 to (Upload link to follow)
· Release: Please be aware that we will publish your videos publically (on Youtube) to maximise exposure to the Passive House standard.
· Please send in your submissions to email@example.com
While you are, of course, free to show off whatever parts of your building you consider most interesting , we have a checklist of features that make Passive Houses especially interesting:
· Ventilation system: How does the air get into the building? How does the system work? How are your rooms ventilated?
· Windows: What makes your Passive House windows special? How often do you open them (e.g. night ventilation)?
· Shading: How does shading work for your building? Did you make any specific adjustments to optimise shading?
· Temperature: How is the room temperature inside? Do you have a thermometer to show us?
· Thermal envelope: How did you insulate your building? Did you use any interesting materials or building techniques to achieve a low energy demand and high thermal comfort?
· Thermal bridges: What was your strategy for minimising thermal bridges?
· Personal experience: What has your experience of living in a Passive House been? What is your favorite spot in your Passive House, what do you love most about it?Can you provide us with some anecdotes?
Show us what you love about your Passive House!
We will compile submissions and advertise them on our website and social media channels. While videos are not a substitute for the real thing, they are the next best thing and we can’t wait to see all the videos you send in!
- - - -
Take part in the Passive House Open Days mid-year event this June 26-28 for your chance to experience the comfort of Passive House buildings for yourself!
The International Passive House Open Days are a great opportunity to learn about Passive House and energy efficient buildings. Get in contact with current owners and learn firsthand what it is like to live in a Passive House and what the building or retrofitting process was like. Some open houses and buildings will even have professionals on hand with the knowledge and tools to explain the technical details of Passive House projects.
As well as all the opportunities to talk and learn about Passive House, participants can experience Passive House buildings, both residential and non-residential, for themselves... Take a look at the ventilation system, ask questions and consider the possibilities of Passive House for your own building projects.