The first International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Climate in African Municipalities (SECAM 2019) will be held at the ENSTP (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Travaux Publics) during the week of 22nd to 25th of October 2019, in Yaoundé, Cameroon with the theme "Increase access to quality, affordable housing for every household in the municipality.” More information about this event, please visit: www.secam-conference.org.
You will agree with us that in a rapidly changing and urbanising Africa, the provision of adequate and affordable housing remains a key priority for all governments. In addition, decent, affordable housing is fundamental to the health and well-being of people and to the smooth functioning of the economy. Hence, the main goal of this SECAM 2019 conference is to provide a lasting platform to fuel the future talents and innovators for global enterprises, universities, scientific research institutes, and public institutions, and to prompt the development of low carbon economy in Africa by promoting innovative low-cost building materials and construction techniques for quality affordable mass housing in African municipalities.
The concept of affordable housing requires a new understanding to effectively-address the pressing issues of slums, the urban divide, economic and human development, and climate change in African Cities/Municipalities. Addressing this challenge using the vast and diverse sustainable low-cost technologies available to Africans is the option of choice for sustainability and low carbon economy. The SECAM 2019 conference will entail local authorities, business leaders and experts in the key sustainability challenges facing affordable housing development in Africa, delivering presentations on the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): (7) Affordable and Clean Energy, (11) Sustainable Cities and Communities, (12) Responsible Production and Consumption, (13) Climate Action.
CALL FOR PAPER : There are several possibilities to get involved in the programme: contributions are invited on the topics within the conference scope of sustainable municipalities. We believe that your involvement in this conference shall help the field of quality affordable mass housing development in African municipalities. Accordingly, we would like to invite you and your institution to collaborate with us in this.
THE THEMATIC GROUPS ARE:
The topics for discussion at this conference cover most aspects of affordable residential building design & construction, including the following:
- Whole Building Design Approach
- Bioclimatic/Passive House Design Approach
- Zero-Net Energy Homes and Passive House Design
- Alternative Renewable Energy Generating Systems
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) Application in Residential Construction
- Building Integrated Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Systems
- Building Performance Assessment/Metrics/Verification Methods and Occupant Behavior
- Building Science and Building Enclosures
- Energy Efficient Building Components
- Fire Damage and Protection
- High Performance Residential Buildings
- Indoor Air Quality
- Innovations in Green roofs and Façade/Envelope Systems
- Innovations in Residential Architecture and Design
- Innovations in Modular and Manufactured Housing
- Innovative and Emerging Housing Construction Methods/Systems
- Innovative Wall, Floor, Roof, Window, and Siding Systems
- Low-Income and Affordable Housing
- Panelized Building Components
- Retrofit of Existing Buildings for Energy Efficiency
- Smart Home Technologies
- Sustainable Housing Construction Materials and Methods