Creating resilient cities in the UK
Smart Cities UK 2016 Conference and Expo will take place on 4 February 2016 in London, United Kingdom. The event aims to lead the way on addressing the best practice examples on smart transformation from across cities within the United Kingdom whilst disseminating guidance and information for a transformation within waste, energy, transport and other key smart sectors.
The event aims, among others, to the following:
- To provide policy makers with the evidence, tools and capabilities needed to support policy decisions in the short term which will lead to positive outcomes for the UK cities in the long term.
- To provide information and best practices on closed-loop resource systems, zero carbon development, eco-neighbourhoods, co-provision of ecological services, co-building, cohousing.
- To provide information on utilities to engage customers in understanding and managing their energy use, and deliver unprecedented levels of actionable insight into customer consumption.
- To provide information on Data City, a 'new way' for cities to be smart in how they adopt technology ensuring mutual benefit for citizens, suppliers and the local companies.
- To offer insight on the social, financial & environmental benefits effective of collaboration.
For further information, please visit the event's website.