This webinar will take place on the 15th September, 12.00 to 13.30.
Are architects ready for the digitalisation?
DigiPLACE - Building up a digital framework for the AEC sector
DigiPLACE is a EU-funded project running from September 2019 until May 2021. The project consortium is developing a feasibility study for the development of a European Industrial Digital Construction Platform in order to modernise the European Construction industry and ensure its global competitiveness in the 21st century.
The webinar will present a European state-of-the-art analysis, examining how digitalised the construction industry already is, and which are the possible points of knowledge transfer. Furthermore, experts in the field of architecture and digitalisation will highlight the necessity of architects’ involvement in the 4.0 revolution. Join us and learn more about the DigiPLACE project and how to be part of our community of stakeholders!
- 12:00 – Introduction by BuildUP – DigiPLACE video presentation
- 12:05 – The AEC sector in Europe: state-of-the-art of Digitalisation. Alain Zarli, Alexis David - ECTP
- 12:30 – The importance of the architects’ involvement in the digitalisation process. Ralph Montague, ArcDox BIM Consultants
- 12:45 – The architects’ added value to DigiPLACE and further European research projects. Larissa De Rosso, Architects’ Council of Europe (ACE)
- 13:00 - Digitalisation of the construction sector - the EU policy perspective. Ilektra Papadaki, Construction and Built Environment, Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW)
- 13:15 – Q&A session