Advancements in building monitoring and control systems have allowed for much more comprehensive and in-depth data on the performance of buildings, which further allows for optimising the building systems. Simultaneously, the production of all this data creates new challenges, especially when it concerns the interaction and interoperability between different data platforms, which don’t have a harmonised approach on how to collect, store and use the collected data. This has created a multitude of non-interoperable data silos within the building industry and prevents fully exploiting the raw data that is available.
There is a need for a set of data-driven solutions that strengthen the interoperability between platforms to further aggregate data and allow for data analytical tools to gain deeper insights based on more comprehensive datasets.
DigiBUILD and MODERATE are two new Horizon Europe working on data-driven solutions to turn raw data from buildings into meaningful knowledge and improve the interoperability between datasets. Join the first webinar of these sister projects on 16 March 2023 to find out more about the innovative solutions both projects are working on, with a keynote by CINEA on the topic and joined by older big data projects for an open discussion.
The webinar is hosted by BUILD UP, the European Portal for Energy Efficiency in Buildings.
11:00 – 11:05: Welcome & introduction agenda
11:05 – 11:15: Horizon Europe call “Need for advanced data-driven monitoring of building stock”
11:15 – 11:50: Presenting MODERATE:
- "MODERATE in a nutshell” – Cristian Pozza, MODERATE Coordinator & Senior Researcher, Institute for Renewable Energy - EURAC
- Bridging the gap: Enabling secure and effective data sharing through synthetisation techniques – Philipp Mascherbauer, Researcher Associate, Vienna University of Technology
- Optimising building performance with data-driven services: The MODERATE platform – Daniele Antonucci, Senior Researcher, Institute for Renewable Energy - EURAC
11:50 – 12:25: Presenting DigiBUILD
- Introduction to the DigiBUILD project – Diego Arnone, DigiBUILD Project Coordinator & Senior Researcher, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica
- DigiBUILD use-cases and technical requirements for smart energy services – Gian Marco Revel, Professor, Università Politecnica delle Marche
- Developing an open, federated and enriched Data Lake for building data – Susana Martín, Head of the Energy Efficiency Area, CARTIF
- A toolbox of AI-based data-driven services for the built environment – Elissaios Sarmas, Research Associate, National Technical University of Athens
12:25 – 13:00: Roundtable discussion with related projects.
- BEYOND H2020 project – Tasos Tsitsanis, Business Development Director, Suite5 Data Intelligence Solutions Ltd
- BIGG H2020 project – Stoyan Danov, Senior Researcher, CIMNE, Jordi Carbonell, Researcher, CIMNE
- Builthub H2020 project – Ulrich Filippi Oberegger, Senior Researcher, EURAC
- MATRYCS H2020 project – Dario Pellegrino, Researcher, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica
Moderation and wrap-up – Jasper Vermaut, EU Policy & Project Officer.