The better energy-efficient building components of today have one major flaw: The loss of efficiency through improper usage during the building process can be dramatic.
The EU-funded ACCEPT project (Assistant for Quality Check during Construction Execution Processes for Energy-efficienT buildings), will ensure the proper usage of the components during the building process with the help of Smart Glasses.
ACCEPT is comprised of 11 organisations around the EU aiming to develop a suite of 3 Apps useful to the construction industry.
The three Apps are intended to assist a reduction in the well-documented Performance Gap and improve overall quality and knowledge transfer in construction sites. There will be an App for use on Smart Glasses, another for use on tablets and a third for consultants desktop.
ACCEPT will reach the following key objectives:
- improving the final thermal, acoustic and energy performance of buildings by providing sophisticated quality assurance tools, which will be used actively or passively by different stakeholders during the construction process;
- reducing the mismatch of energy performance between design and commissioning stage by providing guidelines to apply the sophisticated quality assurance tools mentioned before;
- providing guidelines and methodologies during the construction process by transferring knowledge between the different stakeholders of the construction process;
- increasing the efficiency, reliability and productivity of a construction processes.
From a user perspective ACCEPT is focused on the following very clear main results:
- The Construction Operator Assistant App (CoOpApp) running on Smart Glasses, which passively collects data and actively provides guidance to the worker on site during the building process.
- A Site Manager App (SiMaApp) running on a mobile device, which allows to remotely coordinate the working process as well as collect additional data on site by different sensors.
- An interactive web-based Dashboard as a monitoring and quality assurance solution. The Dashboard will use self-inspection methods to determine important characteristics such as U-Values.
Project duration: 2015-01-01 to 2017-12-31