The EU/2020 funded ADVANCED BIPV project (New Generation of BIPV glass with advanced integration properties) aimed to increase the competitiveness of Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) technology by means of developing a new generation of photovoltaic glazing, satisfying the well-defined market demanded architectural trends.
Along this line, Onyx Solar developed a new family of products classified as:
- Novel XL-BIPV Glazing Units
- High-Mechanical Resistance photovoltaic units
- High Performing Vision Glazing
Some of the specific building demands satisfied by Onyx Solar thanks to ADVANCED-BIPV include:
- Large buildings designed under continuous envelope surface with large glass areas between spandrels
- Buildings whose activity demands daylight entrance directly in relation to higher see-thru degree
- Projects located in earthquake and hurricane areas demanded special resistance glasses according to the specifications required
- Buildings located in areas with limited electricity supply or non-existing electricity grid
For more information visit the project's website at the link provided below.
Project duration: 2015-04-01 to 2017-03-31