Who are the AECB?
The AECB (Association for Environment Conscious Building) is a network of individuals and companies with a common aim of promoting sustainable building.
Running since the 1980's the AECB are the largest and oldest network for sustainable building.
What do we do?
We bring together contractors, trades people, self builders, architects, designers, engineers, manufacturers, housing associations, local authorities and academics to help develop, share, train and promote sustainable building best practice. We promote excellence in design and construction.
Why do we do it?
Because we want to help educate and help effect deep lasting change within the construction industry. We are part of the change to help better our lives (as well as others and the planet) & well being through comfort, health and sustainability in our homes. The AECB is run by its members and is an independent, not for profit organisation.
- Membership: The AECB network brings together builders, architects, designers, manufacturers, housing associations and local authorities, to develop, share and promote best practice in environmentally sustainable building.
- Webinars: The AECB brings you a free webinar programme ongoing throughout the year to gain knowledge and insight directly from the experts.
- Newsletter: Keep up to date with all the goings on and news in the AECB world. Network is a free email newsletter distributed to AECB members and subscribers.
- Local Groups: The AECB has a number of Local Groups across the country, providing an opportunity to meet. Local Group events take the form of site visits, CPD seminars (Continued Professional Development), guest speakers or as purely social gatherings
- Training: Get trained and qualified with different training options from the AECB. The AECB runs its very own in-house online training course called the CarbonLite Retrofit training course as well as our partners run our PH designer and contractor training courses.
- Knowledgebase: Established in 1989, the AECB works to increase awareness within the construction industry and has built up a vast library of technical articles and media resources.