This European Commission website presents a set of 28 best practices covering all different aspects of greening accommodation establishments or restaurants.
Best practices include:
- Minimising energy use
- Minimising water consumption
- Waste and waste water management
- Restaurants and hotel kitchens
- Cross cutting issues
More specifically, best practices on minimising energy use include:
- Energy monitoring and management systems
- Improved building envelope
- Optimised HVAC systems
- Efficient applications of heat pumps and geothermal heating/cooling
- Efficient lighting and electrical equipment
- Renewable energy sources
In the EC website at the link below, you can either download the full report or consult separate chapters.
The sectoral reference document (SRD), a concise summary of all best practices, is available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.