This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement No 609071
A scalable, replicable, high energy efficient, zero emissions and cost effective SYSTEM to refurbish existing public-owned non-residential buildings to achieve at least 50% energy consumption reduction through:
- a) A systemic methodology for optimal building retrofitting towards zero emissions, developed to ensure cost effectiveness, scalability and replicability of the interventions taking into account external (geographical, climatic, resources, social) and internal (envelope, facilities and use) building boundary conditions.
- b) Development of demand reduction strategies: Based on envelope U-value improvement through innovative technologies, material applications and design techniques.
- c) Development of Energy reduction strategies: An effective interaction and integration of an innovative, scalable, high efficient renewable HVAC hybrid cogeneration system fed with locally available RES, including thermal energy storage strategies as the core of the methodology´s implementation.
- d) Effective interactions of energy flows: building to building, building to electrical grid and building to heating and cooling networks and improved methodologies for interconnectivity of smart grids and heating and cooling networks under the control of a building level energy operation system.
Buildings will be considered as single energy-consumption units and at the same time, connected to other buildings forming high energy efficient districts prepared to be connected with other districts around. These energy units will be able to provide advanced energy services (electrical and thermal) to other buildings in their district, which will make the building strategies replicable al district level in order to attract investments.0’
Download the final brochure to learn the project's results and how BRICKER can help you in the renovation of public buildings.
- ACCIONA CONSTRUCCION SA
- FUNDACION CARTIF
- CENTRO DE ESTUDIOS DE MATERIALES Y CONTROL DE OBRA SA
- ACCADEMIA EUROPEA DI BOLZANO
- FONDAZIONE BRUNO KESSLER
- CONSEJERIA DE AGRICULTURA, DESARROLLO RURAL, MEDIO AMBIENTE Y ENERGIA
- GREENCOM DEVELOPMENT
- ONUR INSAAT YAZILIM BILGISAYAR ENERJI REKLAM YAPI MALZEMELERI LABORATUARI MUHENDISLIK SANAYI VE TICARET LIMITED SIRKETI
- OZYEGIN UNIVERSITESI
- PURINOVA Sp. z o.o.
- STEINBEIS INNOVATION GGMBH
- SOLTIGUA SRL
- PROVINCE DE LIEGE
- FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- UNIVERSITE DE LIEGE
- EXPANDER TECH S.L.
- ADNAN MENDERES UNIVERSITESI
- CONSEJERÍA DE ECONOMÍA E INFRAESTRUCTURAS JUNTA DE EXTREMADURA
- STEINBEIS 2I GMBH
Start date: 1/10/2013 - End date: 31/03/2018