This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 862820.
To meet the global and European challenges of reducing the GHG emissions from the construction sector, Build-in-Wood will develop a sustainable and innovative wood value chain for the construction of multi-storey wood buildings. The ambition of the project is to make optimized and cost effective wood construction methods common practice in the European construction sector.
Build-in-Wood will address this challenge by innovative development of materials and components as well as structural systems and façade elements for multi-storey wood buildings fit for both new construction and retrofitting. Developments will be tested, piloted and fully documented for immediate market uptake. Active engagement of selected cities will strengthen the urban-rural connections.
The project aims to lay the foundation for post-project full scale construction projects using developed solutions.
- To make wood a natural choice of building material for the construction of multi-storey buildings
- To decrease GHG-emissions of the European building sector
- To establish an innovative and sustainable European value chain for multi-storey wood buildings
- To improve the connection between rural and urban areas and to contribute to sustainable urbanisation
- To increase productivity of the building sector
- TEKNOLOGISK INSTITUT
- NORSK TRETEKNISK INSTITUTT FORENING
- C.F. MOLLER SVERIGE AB
- NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS - NTUA
- URBASOFIA SRL
- AGENTIA METROPOLITANA PENTRU DEZVOLTARE DURABILA BRASOV ASOCIATIA
- WAUGH THISTLETON ARCHITECTS LIMITED
- ALEXANDRA INSTITUTTET A/S
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI SIENA
- PROHOLZ TIROL VEREIN ZUR BUNDELUNG ALLER AKTIVITATEN IM BEREICH DES WERTSTOFFES HOLZ
- BIMETICA PARAMETRIC DESIGN SERVICESSL
- ROTHO-BLAAS SRL
- RTD SERVICES OG
- ADSERBALLE & KNUDSEN A/S
- PIVA FRANCO
- DISTRETTO TECNOLOGICO TRENTINO SCARL
- SPLITKON AS
- KNAUF GIPS GK
- SCANDI BYG AS
- HSBCAD GMBH
- ELLISDON CORPORATION
Start date: 1/09/2019 - End date: 31/08/2029