Increasing capacities in cities for innovative financing in energy efficiency
CITYnvest project focuses on supporting and replicating successful innovative financing models for energy efficiency renovations in public buildings. These models include Energy Performance Contracting (EPC), Third Party Financing (TPF), revolving funds, cooperatives and others.
More specifically, the project's objectives are the following:
- Building capacities and skills of local authorities.
- Triggering energy savings in three pilot regions in 3 pilot regions in Liège (Belgium), Rhodope (Bulgaria) and Murcia (Spain),
- Preparing ground for investments in energy efficient deep renovations of public buildings.
- Shaping regulations and policies on local, national and European level.
- Creating sustainable jobs.
The project provides practical step-by-step guidance on financing for energy efficiency renovations, introduce innovative financing models in the 3 pilot regions, and conduct a wide-scale capacity-building programme in 10 EU Member States, concerning specific financial instruments/business models.
CITYnvest partners liaise with an Advisory Expert Group and pool of experts to provide the expertise and guidance/training. CITYnvest will further create synergies with other wide-spread initiatives, such as the Covenant of Mayors, linking SEAPS to innovative financing models for energy efficiency.
Project duration: 3 years (2015-2018)
CITYnvest has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement no 649730.