This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No.768559
Unified DR interoperability framework enabling market participation of active energy consumers
DRIMPAC “Unified DR interoperability framework enabling market participation of active energy consumers” is a recent project founded by the EU’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Energy Efficiency Innovation Action. The project, started in September 2018, has a total duration of 36 months.
The main outcome of DRIMPAC is to develop a comprehensive solution to empower consumers to become active participants in the energy market. DRIMPAC aims to bridge the gap of communication between grid/market and buildings by providing a unique and universal technological framework that facilitates the end-to-end communication of the necessary information for the discovery and delivery of demand flexibility.
The European energy system is currently missing out on a vast source of demand flexibility that could provide multi-faceted benefits to the system, the energy generation and demand flexibility of buildings. This is mainly caused by the lack of communication between grid/market and buildings as well as the lack of interoperable intelligent building management systems that can respond to grid or market signals.
- Obj. 1: To transform buildings into active participants of the European energy market through the use of intelligent, interoperable and demand-response-enabled building management systems.
- Obj. 2: To improve building energy efficiency and reduce energy costs via intelligent DR-enabled building management systems, while preserving comfortable and healthy indoor environments
- Obj. 3: To propose, demonstrate and validate innovative and viable business models and offerings for next-generation energy retailers who understand the need to move into digital energy services and improve customer engagement, loyalty and mindshare
- Obj. 4: To unleash the building demand response potential in the EU by contributing to the necessary adaptation of the policy and standardization landscape
- Obj. 5: To actively promote the DRIMPAC solution as the key technological and business enabler for the participation of buildings in the energy market
- ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS
- SIEMENS SRL
- HYPERTECH (CHAIPERTEK) ANONYMOS VIOMICHANIKI EMPORIKI ETAIREIA PLIROFORIKIS KAI NEON TECHNOLOGION
- KARLSRUHER INSTITUT FUER TECHNOLOGIE
- JRC -JOINT RESEARCH CENTRE- EUROPEAN COMMISSION
- SWT ANSTALT DES OFFENTLICHEN RECHTSDER STADT TRIER
- MY ENERGIA ONER SL
- ARCHI ILEKTRISMOU KYPROU
- UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
- E7 ENERGIE MARKT ANALYSE
- STAM SRL
- SOREA SOCIETE DES REGIES DE L'ARC
Start date: 1/09/2018 - End date: 31/08/2021