This scheme is now closed.
The Duflot scheme allows any tax-paying resident of France who acquires newly constructed, or still under construction property from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2016 to benefit from a reduction of income tax, provided their property complies with all the thermal and energy efficiency regulations.
The tax reduction amounts to 18% of the property investment spread equally over 9 years, under the following conditions:
- The investor commits himself to rent the property for at least 9 years.
- There is a EUR 300,000 investment limit.
- The investor has to commit himself to rent the property within 12 months of construction being finalised.
- The tax reduction is valid for up to two properties per year only (provided their total investment value does not exceed the EUR 300,000 limit)..
- The rent must not exceed limits set by decree.
The objective of the Duflot scheme is to provide affordable housing within the standards of sustainable development. For more detailed information on the tax reduction and on applicable rents, please click here.