During BUILD UP Skills Pillar I, a “Roadmap for Training Workforce in Lithuanian Construction Sector in order to meet energy efficiency targets 2020” was introduced. The second pillar of BUILD UP Skills was initiated in July 2014 with the ENERGOTRAIN project – Improving competences and skills of the building workforce in Lithuania related to nearly zero energy buildings.
ENERGOTRAIN aims to establish a voluntary system for development and recognition of professional competences and skills of the building workforce in Lithuania in relation to requirements for nearly zero energy buildings. The project will also contribute to further work of qualifications’ platform initiated during BUILD UP Skills Lithuania. The platform will continue its work together in the future to ensure the continuity of implementation and overall monitoring of the national roadmap (according to indicators of proposed results).
Major outputs of the project include:
- At least 14 technology descriptions (including occupational standards subparts) and corresponding 8 training programmes will be prepared;
- At least 8 sets of tests, practical exercises, and questionnaires will be developed;
- Concept of certification of workers and the financing model will be proposed and piloted;
- Competence Passport will be developed to indicate the skills of the workers that passed required exams;
- Quality monitoring for certification scheme will be prepared and piloted;
- New training programmes will be piloted with 90 trainees (workers);
- 36 trainers will be trained to implement newly developed training programmes;
- Promotional activities will be implemented (press releases, conferences, articles, website, meetings, leaflets, participation in thematic fairs);
- A Guide for customers regarding requirements for architects, planners, and contractors will be developed and published.
To find out more please click here.