eu.bac is the European Building Automation and Controls Association and represents the European manufacturers for Home and Building Automation and Energy Service Companies.
eu.bac Vision statement
"A world where energy-efficiency and sustainability in every building is achieved through the optimal application of home and building controls, automation systems and services."
eu.bac Mission statement
- Influence the development and effective implementation of EU directives and regulation, in order to achieve the optimal balance of controls and automation systems & services in new and existing homes and buildings
- Advocate the benefits of balancing controls and automation systems & services; validate outstanding technology; and establish best practices
- Establish eu.bac as the ‘go to’ organisation for insightful information on building automation, and as the high-profile and credible voice on energy savings in residential and commercial buildings that result in healthy and supportive indoor environments
- Provide information and guidance to eu.bac members to ensure that they are able to meet the challenges of current and future developments in policy and technology
- Maintain effective working relationships with other bodies who support us in fulfilling our mission
- Drive European and worldwide industrial standards for the benefit of the industry
- Initiate quality standards through audits, certificates or labels to endorse quality and energy efficiency products and systems & services
- Promote financing models for investments in energy efficiency
eu.bac is structured in three sectors:
- Homes: "A world where every home has appropriately controlled and balanced heating, cooling, ventilation and hot water systems."
- Building Automation: "A world where energy-efficiency and sustainability in every building is achieved through the optimal application of building controls, automation systems and services."
- eu.ESCO: "A world where Energy Performance Contracting is recognised by public authorities as one of the key tools for energy efficiency in buildings."