FOSTEr in MED project aims to promote the adoption of innovative solar photovoltaic (PV) technologies in the Mediterranean area. The project adopts a multi-layer strategic approach, with the involvement of the local stakeholders, in order to ensure that the results of the project activities will have a multiplicative effect at the Mediterranean Basin level, in terms of outcomes replication, dissemination and transferability of results both beyond the partnership and after the end of the project.
The specific objective of the project is to transfer the know how in the solar energy innovative field, to implement and promote a shared design methodology and to promote solar energy innovative technologies at civil society level.
- Cultural and normative barriers, design and technical gap that can delay the diffusion of solar technologies identified through comprehensive context analysis
- Solar technologies and its technological trends promoted
- Local legislations on solar energy compared and common innovation proposals defined
- Design, architectural integration and installation competences transferred
- Solar energy consumption increased in 5 public buildings through 85 kWp of photovoltaic panels installed
- Creation of 6 info points
- Networking between similar projects and initiatives
- Formulation of policy papers
- Training dedicated to 400 stakeholders (designers, SMEs/installers and university students) to transfer technical knowhow
- Information seminars to promote the benefits of solar technologies involving 350 citizens and 3500 students
FOSTEr in MED project is funded under the ENPI CBC Med Programme, the total budget of the project is 4,5 million Euro and it is financed for an amount of 4,05 million Euro by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument.