This scheme is now closed.
GIS – Green Investment Scheme, Część 1: Zarządzanie energią w budynkach użyteczności publicznej”
National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management (NFEP&WM) is planning a competition for the funding of projects under Part 1) energy management in public buildings of the Green Investment System (GIS) priority programme.
Co-financing will be provided in the form of a subsidy, amounting to 30% of eligible project costs, and in the form of a loan, amounting to 60% of eligible costs of the project. Minimum total cost of the project is PLN 2 million.
- Territorial self-government units and associations thereof
- Entities that provide public services as a part of the discharge of own obligations of the territorial self-government units and that are not enterprises
- Volunteer Fire Fighter Brigades
- Universities within the meaning of the Act on higher education and scientific and research institutes
- Independent public and non-public health care institutions
- Non-governmental organisations, churches, other religious associations, religious legal entities conducting activity in the field health care, preventive medicine, rehabilitation and social assistance
Types of undertakings:
1) Co-financing must not be awarded to projects involving public service buildings, intended for the performance of the following functions: self-government and state administration, jurisdiction, culture, religion, education, schools, science, health care services, social and welfare assistance, and buildings for collective housing intended for temporary accommodation for persons staying outside their place of residence (i.e. dormitories, halls of residence, barracks, penal institutions and juvenile detention centres) but also buildings for permanent stay for persons (i.e. homes for pensioners, orphanages, nursing homes, monastic houses, monasteries).
2)Thermal modernisation of public service buildings, including changes in the equipment of buildings in devices of the highest, economically justified standards of energy efficiency related directly to the conducted thermal modernization of buildings, in particular:
- heat insulation of the buildings;
- replacement of windows;
- replacement of external doors;
- conversion of heating systems (in addition to the replacement of heat source);
- replacement of ventilation and air-conditioning systems;
- drawing up technical documentation for the project;
- energy management systems in buildings;
- use of technology of renewable energy source.
3) Energy-efficient interior lighting (as additional tasks performed simultaneously with the thermal modernisation of buildings).
4) Co-financing does not apply to projects that are on the primary ranking list of measure 9.3 of the Infrastructure and Environment Operational Programme, or have been awarded co-financing by NFEP&WM funds under other programmes.
Conditions for co-financing include:
1) Co-financing in the form of investment loans without depreciation write-offs:
- Floating rate: WIBOR 3M + 50 base points (annually).
- Period of financing: up to 15 years counting from the first projected disbursement of loan tranche.
- Grace period for the payment of principal instalments: calculated from the date of the disbursement of the last loan tranche, yet no longer than 18 months from the completion date of the project implementation.
2) Disbursement of funds will be available after the receipt by the National Fund of invoices or equivalent accounting documents that certify the implementation of particular project stages (referred to as "milestones") provided for in the implementation schedule.
More detail about the programme is provided here.