Minimising Energy Consumption for Green Buildings respecting present uses and public needs
About the project
Mediterranean countries need to reduce energy consumption and adverse environmental impacts due to the high dependence on fossil fuels. GreenBuilding project intends to tackle this challenge by promoting the use of renewable energy sources and energy efficiency measures in public buildings since renewable energies represent a natural competitive advantage for the Mediterranean. The project will support 3 cost-effective public buildings energy refurbishment in Greece, Tunisia and Jordan. Furthermore, it will strengthen the capacities of public institutions to effectively plan and implement sustainable energy policies, through the identification of cost-effective energy refurbishment approaches, transfer of technical know-how and the enhancement of higher research institutions, energy SMEs and business support organizations.
What will be improved?
The project will plan and support 3 cost-effective public buildings energy refurbishment based on renewable energy sources and energy efficiency. In addition, it will develop a remote control tool of the energy status of the public buildings in real-time, highlighting the improvement in terms of energy consumption. Finally, the project will develop a set of technical documents, studies and guidelines to support future efforts in reaching nearly zero-energy and high energy performance buildings.
Who will benefit?
- 4 higher research institutions
- 40 energy SMEs
- 5 building contractors
- 10 business support organisations
- 50 public administrations
- 5 training seminars dedicated to SMEs and public authorities
- 1 manual for building energy refurbishment towards Nearly Zero-Energy Buildings
- 3 pilot projects for the energy refurbishment of public buildings in Greece, Tunisia and Jordan
- 3 energy audits carried out on the refurbished buildings
- 7 best practices identified and analysed in the field of building energy refurbishment
- 1 e-tool for monitoring the energy performance of refurbished buildings
Start date: 30/08/2019 - End date: 29/08/2022