This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon H2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 723611
Concept and objectives:
"Advanced Manufacturing has been highlighted by the EU as one of the key enablers to support and promotion of business research and innovation in key enabling technologies.
Therefore, a number of objectives, aligned with pursuing the large scale targets, have been set for advanced manufacturing through four pillars: technology, economic, social and environment.
Thus, HINDCON project aims to adapt manufacturing technologies to the construction sector, advancing towards industrialisation and overcoming the limitations of actual approach for introducing Additive and Subtractive Manufacturing in construction activities. The project has a duration of 36 months.
The main aim of the HINDCON project is to develop and demonstrate a hybrid machine regarding 3D printing technologies with concrete materials focused on the industrialization of the Construction Industry, delivering to this sector an innovative technology that reduces environmental impact at the same time it reduces dramatically economic costs.
The collaborative structure of the project will help to:
- Integrate different technologies that converge in a hybrid solution. HINDCON “all-in-one"" machine will integrate Additive Manufacturing concrete extruder and Subtractive Manufacturing tool kit with the use of cementitious materials including mass materials with alternatives in concrete and additives, and reinforced with composites.
- Cover the different aspects concerned (technology, economic, social and environment) and demonstrate the hybrid machine from different perspectives. On the one hand, it includes testing basic capabilities of the integrated prototype in laboratory. On the other hand, it involves the demonstration of the manufacturing system in a relevant environment."
- LAFARGE CENTRE DE RECHERCHE SAS
- SIEMENS SRL
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V.
- CENTRE CIM FUNDACIO PRIVADA
- CHAMBRE DE COMMERCE ET D'INDUSTRIE DE BAYONNE PAYS BASQUE
- PANEPISTIMIO PATRON
Start date: 15 September 2016 - End date: 14 September 2019