This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 784986.
HousEEnvest aims to demonstrate the viability of the financing scheme, defined for the full energy renovation of multifamily houses in Extremadura, which will count on a combination of innovative tools for standardization, pooling, bundling and de-risking.
This investment financing scheme focuses on a regional market with investment higher than 35 M€.
HousEEnvest is the result of 2 years of work between key institutions of Extremadura region from the energy, economic and building sectors, combined with international resources coming from IEB and EU cooperation programmes, which have allowed designing one financing scheme made to measure of Extremadura building renovation necessities.
Objectives and Methodology
1) Implement a regional financial instrument to solve the current barriers to finance energy refurbishment of existing buildings.
2) Achieve the private-public colaboration to créate a guarantee fund to give “security” to the financial institutions and the final client about the technical and economic viability of the project.
3) To catch high energy performance potentials non explored in energy refurbishment of buildings in Extremadura by gathering low risk investments with other with higher risk and uncertainty
1. Technical and financial feasibility studies.
2. Presentation of the results to the association of owners.
3. Agreement and pre-contract.
4. Tender process
5. Contract and implementation of the investments
6. Control of works
7. Monitoring in the long term.
- Extremadura avante
- Junta de Extremadura
Start date: 1 Marzo 2018 - End date: 28 Febrero 2021