Individual Building Renovation Roadmaps - My path towards an energy efficient home
iBRoad project, funded by the Horizon 2020 European programme, aims at exploring, designing, developing and demonstrating the concept of individual Building Renovation Roadmaps. With the innovative approach proposed, the project aims to become a real driver for deep renovation.
Representing an evolution of the Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) and energy audit systems, building renovation roadmaps will serve as a tool outlining a customised renovation plan with a long-term horizon for deep step-by-step renovation of individual buildings (iBRoad-Plan), combined with a repository of building-related information (logbook, iBRoad-Log).
- Total cost: EUR 1 957 095,60
- Coordinated in: Greece
- Partners: 12
- Duration: From June 2017 to May 2020
Key expected results
- 8 Country Factsheets
- Report on existing building renovation roadmaps and logbooks
- Guide to integrating techno-economic assessment modules and logbook components in iBRoad programmes
- Study for the pilot-country-specific adoption of iBRoad
- iBRoad modules for the three pilot countries
- iBRoad training toolkit for energy auditors in the pilot countries
- Report on implementation and evaluation of the iBRoad for the pilot countries
- Assessment of the feasibility and replicability of iBRoad across Europe, policy brief
- Guidance on data protection issues relevant to iBRoad
- Extensive communication and stakeholder engagement, including project website, discussion forum and national meetings.
- Enabling the adoption of future policies in support of energy performance and decarbonisation of the building stock.
- Increasing the number of individual deep renovations.
- Supporting consumers / end-users by providing tailor-made, specific, and individual advice, suggesting an optimal strategy for an individual building, taking into account their financial and occupancy situation, their specific needs & preferences, as well as suitable opportunities.
- Contributing to a transparent evaluation of savings and costs of renovation and thus supporting a reliable energy performance rating.
- Monitoring the performance of buildings over time, creating a positive impact on the compliance rate of the implemented measures
iBRoad is a consumer-tailored project as it strongly supports building owners in step-by-step deep renovations, removing barriers and lock-in effects. Energy auditors and end-users will be empowered with knowledge and experience of deep renovation in individual buildings. Public authorities will be provided with real-life studies and analysis supporting deep renovation, both for individual buildings and as a long-term national strategy, thus increasing the renovation rate and depth across the EU.