This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No.101033781.
Integrating Building Renovation Passports into Energy Performance Certification schemes for a decarbonised building stock.
iBRoad2EPC represents the next step in energy performance assessment schemes and certification practices, promoting and showcasing the integration of Building Renovation Passport elements into EPC schemes.
Building on the results of the iBRoad project (2017-2020) which developed, tested and delivered a model for the Building Renovation Passport supporting single-family home-owners with personalised advice to facilitate stepwise deep renovation, iBRoad2EPC aims to bridge the Building Renovation Passport with the EPC, and expand, improve and broaden their format and joint scope to consider additional features and become applicable also to multi-family and public buildings.
The aim is to improve reliability, usefulness and effectiveness, thereby establishing the next generation of EPCs that will support Europe's decarbonisation ambitions while improving conditions for building occupants. This will be done by clustering the project’s activities around four main pillars:
- Assess the needs, potential and practicability of merging the EPC with the Building Renovation Passport;
- Adapt the iBRoad concept to become part of EPCs;
- Test and evaluate the applicability of iBRoad2EPC in six countries (Bulgaria, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Spain), including training for energy auditors and EPC issuers
- Facilitate the adoption and exploitation of the iBRoad2EPC model across Europe.
Implementing authorities in the six countries will be directly involved in the process of conceptualisation, development and testing of iBRoad2EPC to become an integral part of existing relevant schemes. Targeted communication, dissemination and exploitation activities at national and European level will support further acceptance and uptake. The project will leverage existing knowledge from other projects to expand EPC features and contribute back policy proposals as well as training and capacity building modules.
- SYMPRAXIS TEAM P.C.
- BUILDINGS PERFORMANCE INSTITUTE EUROPE ASBL
- IFEU - INSTITUT FUR ENERGIE- UND UMWELTFORSCHUNG HEIDELBERG GGMBH
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET WIEN
- INZEB ASTIKI MI KERDOSKOPIKI ETAIREIA
- BLUE PLANET ACADEMY & CONSULTING BVBA
- FONDATSIYA TSENTAR ZA ENERGIYNA EFEKTIVNOST - ENEFEKT
- ADENE - AGENCIA PARA A ENERGIA
- KRAJOWA AGENCJA POSZANOWANIA ENERGII SPOLKA AKCYJNA
- INSTITUTUL NATIONAL DE CERCETARE-DEZVOLTARE IN CONSTRUCTII URBANISM SI DEZVOLTARE TERITORIALA DURABILA URBAN-INCERC
- GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL-ESPANA CONSEJO PARA LA EDIFICACION SOSTENIBLE-ESPANA
- CICLICA ARQUITECTURA SCCL
Start date: 1 May 2021 - End date: 30 April 2024