IEA-EBC Annex 63: Implementation of energy strategies in communities – Putting energy in urban planning processes
The Executive Committee of the International Energy Agency Energy in Buildings and Communities programme (IEA EBC) approved the “IEA-EBC Annex 63: Implementation of energy strategies in communities – Putting energy in urban planning processes” in 2013. The project will run till 2017.
The overall objective of Annex 63 is to give recommendations on procedures for implementation of optimised energy strategies at the scale of communities in the urban development. More specifically, the project will:
- develop recommendations for implementation of optimised energy strategies;
- provide an effective translation of a city´s energy/CO2 goals to the community scale;
- optimise policy instruments for the integration of energy/CO2 goals into common urban planning processes;
- develop new techniques for stakeholder cooperation along with holistic business models involving a wide range of stakeholders;
- divide methods for the monitoring and evaluation of both energy related building criteria as well as the effectiveness of policy instruments;
- involve cities and urban planners in order to integrate energy planning in urban planning procedures;
- create a Win-Win-Situation for cities, citizens, economy and environment.
Annex 63 will primarily serve the needs of governments, urban decision makers and urban planning departments.
For more information, please visit the project’s website at the link provided below.