The full name of this IA is Energy Conservation though Energy Storage (ECES IA).
Active participants in ECES IA include Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Norway, Sweden, Slovenia, USA and Turkey.
Three sponsors are participating in the ECES at the moment: IF Technology b.v. from the Netherlands, University of Lleida from Spain and the Institute of Heat Engineering (ITC) of the University of Technology of Warsaw from Poland. The ECES strategy is summarized in the - ECES Strategy Plan - 567 kB . Organisation of ECES IA The work within the ECES IA is lead by an Executive Committee (XC) and the work undertaken by this XC is done by mutual agreements defined in Annexes.
At present the ECES IA contains 26 different Annexes of which fourteen, Annex 1-14 and Annex 17-20 , have been terminated.
Today there are five active annexes:
- Annex 21 Thermal Response Test for Underground Thermal Energy Storages
- Annex 23 Applying Energy Storage in Ultra-low Energy Buildings
- Annex 24 Material Development for Improved Thermal Energy Storage Systems
- Annex 25 Surplus Heat Management Using Advanced Thermal Energy Storage
- Annex 26 Electrical Energy Storage – Future Energy Storage Demand