This scheme is now closed.
The “Let’s save energy II” programme supports the implementation of measures and best practices for the reduction of energy consumption by Greek Municipalities. The invitation was made under Greek Operational Programme 'Environment and Sustainable Development' and provided simplified procedures for assessment in order to allow the greatest possible participation of Municipalities in the Programme.
The deadline for proposal submissions was 30 June 2012.
The programme was open to all First Grade Local Governments that had not been funded by the "Let's save energy I" programme.
Eligible activities involve:
- Interventions on buildings and infrastructure (energy upgrade of the building envelope, energy upgrade of the electrical and mechanical facilities, upgrading of natural/artificial lighting system, energy management system installation), and;
- Support and other activities (technical consulting services, technical studies, energy performance studies, energy audits and promotional actions).
The total programme budget is EUR 107 million. 70% of project costs will be financed from the Programme, while the remaining 30% will be covered by the Municipalities.
Depending on their population, municipalities are entitled to a maximum eligible total budget as follows:
- Municipalities with populations of 1-10,000 inhabitants, eligible for up to EUR 200,000
- Municipalities with a population of 10,001 -45,000 inhabitants, eligible for up to EUR 400,000
- Municipalities with populations of 45,001-90,000 inhabitants, eligible for up to EUR 600,000
- Municipalities with populations of 90,001-150,000 inhabitants, eligible for up to EUR 800,000
- Municipalities with a population of 150,001-300,000 inhabitants, eligible for up to EUR 1,500,000
- Municipalities with populations greater than 300,001 inhabitants, eligible for up to EUR 3,000,000.
These aforementioned populations exclude the population of a certain Municipality funded by the program "Let's save energy I".
For more information about the "Let's save energy II" programme please visit the link provided below.