The objective of the Nearly Zero Energy Renovation project (NeZeR) is to increase awareness regarding potential advantages from Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation. It also aims at the promotion of implementation and smart integration of Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation (NZEBR) measures and the deployment of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) in the European renovation market.
The main activities of this project are the following:
- Analysis of technical solutions for Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation and utilization of Renewable Energy Sources
- Analysis and presentation of successfully executed Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation cases.
- Emphasis on the feasibility of Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation over traditional renovation by feasibility studies and environmental and economic assessments.
- Development of Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation city action plans and of concrete guidelines for developing similar action plans in other European cities.
- Establishment of national clusters in the participating countries, consisting of the most relevant stakeholders.
- Improve knowledge in the whole building chain with respect to Nearly Zero Energy Building Renovation concepts through a series of competition and training workshops.
The project is financed by Intelligent Energy Europe, with co-funding from the project partners.
It was launched in March 2014 and will be completed in February 2017.
Further details are given in the NeZeR website.