N@W continues the work performed in Pillar I of Build Up Skills. The analysis of the status quo undertaken under Pillar I showed lack of coordination, information, interdisciplinary schemes and a gap between existing vocational education and training (VET) qualification structure and post-initial education. The main objective of N@W is to reach cooperation between the most important actors and stakeholders in order to complete the schemes for post-initial training and to unlock the available courses and trainings for the workforce in the Netherlands.
Major benefit of the project is that training courses will become better available, thus leading to a massive roll-out by market actors of their up skilling activities. As a result the workforce will be better skilled for the job.
Key steps required to achieve the N@W outcomes are:
- the development and implementation of an official accreditation and endorsement of existing post-initial training schemes;
- prepare for funding of post-initial training courses;
- development and implementation of a qualification structure for post-initial training;
- development of the missing qualifications;
- development and implementation of interdisciplinary schemes;
- adding the developed schemes and the inventory of courses made in Pillar I to existing course catalogues;
- training of ‘trainers’, who will become ambassadors.
To find out more please click here.