Personal Energy Administration Kiosk application: an ICT-ecosystem for Energy Savings through Behavioural Change, Flexible Tariffs and Fun
The PEAKapp, a Horizon 2020 project, targets the development of an unprecedented ICT-to- Human ecosystem to trigger lasting energy savings through behavioural change and continuous engagement, to enable increased consumption of clean and low-priced electricity from the spot market for household customers, to connect them to social networks, to motivate them through serious gaming, and to boost the efficacy of Smart Home building energy management systems by integrating their functionalities into the PEAK app solution.
The PEAKapp consortium will develop an innovative and new ICT-to-Human ecosystem 2.0 (application), which consists of six components. This app will enable energy retailers to forward low-price, green, low-carbon energy from the spot market to households. By using the PEAKapp, they will learn how to adapt their energy consumption behaviour and how to actively participate in the electricity market to benefit from monetary savings.
PEAKapp objectives are to empower the end-user, to create a competitive advantage for the provider, to research and facilitate behavioural change, and to remove barriers for market uptake.
More specifically, PEAKapp aims at:
- Triggering lasting energy savings through behavioural change
- Enabling increased consumption of clean and low-priced electricity from the spot market to household customers
- Connecting customers to social networks
- Motivating them through serious gaming
- Boosting the efficacy of Smart Home building energy management systems by integrating their functionalities into the PEAKapp solution