This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No.864400.
A POsitive Energy CITY Transformation Framework
POCITYF is a smart city-oriented project, whose major goal is to deliver a set of Positive Energy Blocks – a limited geographic area whose average local renewable generation is greater than its consumption – in the Lighthouse cities of Evora (PT) and Alkmaar (NL) and their Fellow cities Granada (ES), Bari (ΙΤ), Celje (SI), Ujpest (HU), Ioannina (GR) and Hvidovre (DK).
With the creation of Positive Energy Blocks and Districts, POCITYF aims to transform those cities’ mixed-urban environments, with a strong emphasis on cultural and historical protected areas, into cheaper, healthier, more accessible and reliable spaces for their citizens. In one word, to improve, in a sustainable and citizen-driven manner, the wellbeing in the 7 mentioned cities.
To achieve that, POCITYF will deploy a total of 10 integrated solutions, comprising 73 individual innovative elements (technologies, tools, methods), rooted under existing City Information Platforms. The project will be carried out along 4 Energy Transition Tracks (ETT), namely:
- ETT#1: tackling the transformation of existing and new building stock into energy positive;
- ETT#2: focusing on the application of grid flexibility strategies and storage systems, supported by DSM platforms for optimizing energy flows to maximize self-consumption and reduce grid stress;
- ETT#3: addressing the integration of e-Mobility to promote the decarbonisation of the mobility sector and alleviate inner-city traffic;
- ETT#4: as an enabling layer of the above transition tracks, this intends to offer inclusive and holistic services for interdisciplinary citizen engagement and cocreation strategies with the city stakeholders and industry, towards the development of each city’s own bold city-vision up to 2050.
Overall, POCITYF will therefore add layers of smartness in key city infrastructures, technologies and services (i.e. buildings, energy grid, e-mobility), creating new possibilities to make cities safer, greener and more responsive to the needs of their citizens, businesses and other organizations.
- LABELEC - ESTUDOS, DESENVOLVIMENTO E ACTIVIDADES LABORATORIALS SA
- CAMARA MUNICIPAL DE EVORA
- UNINOVA-INSTITUTO DE DESENVOLVIMENTO DE NOVAS TECNOLOGIAS-ASSOCIACAO
- UNIVERSIDADE DE EVORA
- UBIWHERE LDA
- DECSIS SISTEMAS DE INFORMACAO S.A.
- SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SPA
- PACT PARQUE DO ALENTEJO DE CIENCIAE TECNOLOGIA
- SONAE MC - SERVICOS PARTILHADOS, SA
- ONYX SOLAR ENERGY SL
- TEGOLA CANADESE SPA
- AMPS POWER GMBH
- KIMATICA MONOPROSOPI ETAIREIA PERIORISMENIS EUTHYNIS
- INESC TEC - INSTITUTO DE ENGENHARIADE SISTEMAS E COMPUTADORES, TECNOLOGIA E CIENCIA
- GEMEENTE ALKMAAR
- STICHTING ENERGY VALLEY
- STICHTING HOGER ONDERWIJS NEDERLAND
- NV HVC
- NEDERLANDSE ORGANISATIE VOOR TOEGEPAST NATUURWETENSCHAPPELIJK ONDERZOEK
- STICHTING WOONWAARD NOORD-KENNEMERLAND
- WONINGSTICHTING VAN ALCKMAER VOOR WONEN
- DUURZAAM BOUWLOKET B.V.
- CONNEXXION OPENBAAR VERVOER NV
- ALLIANDER NV
- NEROA BV
- AYUNTAMIENTO DE GRANADA
- ASOCIACION AGENCIA PROVINCIAL DE LA ENERGIA DE GRANADA
- INSTITUT DE TECNOLOGIA DE LA CONSTRUCCION DE CATALUNYA
- COMUNE DI BARI
- ENERGY @ WORK SOCIETA' COOPERATIVA A R.L.
- MESTNA OBCINA CELJE
- ZAVOD ZA GRADBENISTVO SLOVENIJE
- BUDAPEST FOVAROS IV. KERULET UJPEST ONKORMANYZATA
- EMI EPITESUGYI MINOSEGELLENORZO INNOVACIOS NONPROFIT KFT
- MUNICIPALITY OF IOANNINA
- HVIDOVRE KOMMUNE
- EUROPEAN GREEN CITIES APS
- ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy
- FONDAZIONE ICONS
- RINA CONSULTING SPA
- FUNDACION CIRCE CENTRO DE INVESTIGACION DE RECURSOS Y CONSUMOS ENERGETICOS
- AIT AUSTRIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GMBH
- ASSOCIATION EUROPEENNE DES AGENCES DE DEVELOPPEMENT
- ENERSIS SUISSE AG
- RIJKSUNIVERSITEIT GRONINGEN
Start date 1 October 2019 - End date 30 September 2024