Roadmaps for Energy (R4E) is an EU funded project under the Horizon 2020 programme, aiming to develop a new type of energy strategy through visions and roadmaps for the 8 partner cities, in co-creation with relevant local stakeholders. The project focuses on three areas within the domain of sustainable energy that are closely linked to the municipalities main responsibilities: smart buildings, smart mobility, and smart urban spaces.
For each of the three themes, the project aims to create roadmaps that cover different elements of sustainability that need to go hand in hand to achieve the desired future scenarios: Sustainable technologies / Sustainable behaviour / Sustainable organisation.
- Homes, public & commercial buildings
- Energetic building renovation
- Integral comfort
- Smart solutions
- Next generation vehicles
- Intelligent traffic management
- Public & private transport
- Modality shift
- Smart Logistics
SMART URBAN SPACES
- Public spaces
- Land-use planning
- City or area wide solutions
- Smart ICT based solutions (e.g. lighting, waste, water)
In the R4E project a four step process is applied:
- The FIRST step sets the ambitions for the project.
- The SECOND step is to develop desired scenarios for the cities for the selected focus areas.
- During the THIRD step, the roadmap will be created.
- During the final and FOURTH step, a project portfolio will be generated with new projects and initiatives to reach the ambitions.
Project duration: From March 2015 to February 2018.