This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 826044.
What is SMARTSPEND?
Industry, national governments and the European Commission all want to invest in clean energy Research & Development. SMARTSPEND is a 3-year, EU-funded project running until 30 November 2021, that aims to find new ways to coordinate and increase those investments.
The SMARTSPEND project is supporting the execution of the Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan) of the European Commission.
WHAT DOES SMARTSPEND PLAN TO DO?
Increase private-sector spending
SMARTSPEND will organise a major conference to help innovators in clean energy access risk finance from public and private sources.
Innovators need money and connections to scale up. To prepare the conference, SMARTSPEND will report the needs and sources.
Coordinating research with the European Commission and civil servants
Many energy technologies are trying to answer similar R&D questions. There may be ways to sequence research in different sectors to increase its impact. SMARTSPEND will report on the synergies in different technologies’ R&D plans, and on the ways that sectors should organise themselves to access EU funding efficiently.
Sending a message to national governments
National governments’ funding as well as their contributions to the European Union’s R&D budget is crucial for the development of clean energy technology. Get involved and help us to build a more efficient support strategy for energy technology R&I!
- WIRTSCHAFT UND INFRASTRUKTUR GMBH & CO PLANUNGS KG
- EUREC EESV
- ASSOCIATION EUROPEENNE DE L'ENERGIE DE L'OCEAN
- ENERGY MATERIALS INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH INITIATIVE AISBL
- FUNDACION CIRCE CENTRO DE INVESTIGACION DE RECURSOS Y CONSUMOS ENERGETICOS
- ZABALA BRUSSELS
- EUROPEAN SOLAR THERMAL ELECTRICITY ASSOCIATION
- EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR STORAGE OF ENERGY
- EUROPEAN GEOTHERMAL ENERGY COUNCIL
- EUROPEAN CONSTRUCTION, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY EFFICIENT BUILDINGS TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM
- FACHAGENTUR NACHWACHSENDE ROHSTOFFE EV