This project aimed at achieving high quality architecture for buildings integrating solar energy systems, as well as improving the qualifications of the architects, their communications and interactions with engineers, manufactures and clients. The project ran from May 2009 to April 2012. Its vision: To make architectural design a driving force for the use of solar energy.
Published results of the project include:
- The web site "Innovative solar products for architectural integration"
- Solar Energy systems in Architecture - Integration Criteria and Guidelines (PDF, 228 pages)
- Building Integration of Solar Thermal and Photovoltaics – Barriers, Needs and Strategies (PDF, 77 pages)
- Solar design of buildings for architects: Review of solar design tools (PDF, 117 pages)
- Solar Energy and Architecture - The Communications Process (PDF, 116 pages)