The TEBE research group, founded by prof. Marco Filippi, works in the Department of Energy (DENERG) at the Politecnico di Torino.
TEBE members are professors, assistant professors, grant researchers, PhD students and scholarship holders.
The research topics refer to the fundamental and applied aspects of thermo-fluidynamics, heat transfer, energetics, lighting and acoustics, both in the field of industrial, civil and environmental engineering and in the field of urban planning, architecture and industrial design.
The following subjects are mainly investigated:
- Indoor environmental quality
- Building energy performance
- HVAC technologies
- Building envelope technologies
- Applied Acoustics
In 2011, in cooperation with Telecom Italy, the largest Italian telecommunications company, the TEBE research group founded the Indoor Environment and Energy Management Competence Centre (IEEM) devoted to development of strategies and tools for energy management in comfortable built environment. This centre is devoted to studies on:
- Indoor environment assessment
- Energy audit, monitoring and saving in existing buildings
- Benchmarking and forecasting of energy uses in buildings
- Performance simulation of energy systems