This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 839937.
Towards a new generation of user-centred Energy Performance Assessment and Certification; facilitated and empowered by the EPB Center
The main aim of U-CERT is to introduce a next generation of user centred certification schemes to value buildings in a holistic and cost-effective manner. This aims to:
- facilitate convergence of quality and reliability, using the under the M480 mandate developed national annexes standards, enabling a technology neutral approach that is transparently presented;
- encourage the development and application of holistic user-centered innovative solutions, including the smart readiness of buildings;
- encourage and support end-users in decision making (e.g. on deep renovation);
U-CERT has a focus on strengthening actual implementation of the EPBD by providing insights from an user perspective and creating a leveled playing field for sharing implementation experience, (Mandate M/480 and product related) to all involved stakeholders, facilitated by the EPB-center.
U-CERT has the following five measurable objectives:
- Facilitating the implementation of the new generation of Certification Schemes with a wide based support
- Making the new certification schemes more practical, reliable and ‘desirable’ by a holistic and user centered approach
- Making the new certification schemes easy accessible for a wide range of users and stakeholders by the services of the EPB center.
This objective has a twofold approach: 1) by accelerating the implementation by the development of a set digital supporting tools and 2) by incubating new certification concepts and business models, empowered by the U-CERT results. The EPB center has a central role in achieving this objective by offering services to all relevant stakeholders in order to promote and foster a harmonized and comparable implementation of the EPBD.
- Providing evidence of the usefulness and meaningfulness of developed means by testing the U-CERT approach in selected cases by the EPB center.
- To foster a EU-wide uptake by motivating and activating EU interest groups and certifying bodies (not involved in U-CERT)
- EPB Center B.V.
- Federatie Van Verenigingen Voor Verwarming En Luchtbehandeling in Europa Vereniging
- Stichting Isso
- Instituto Valenciano de la Edificacion
- Aicarr Associazione Italiana Condizionamento Dell Ariariscaldam ento e Refriger
- Danmarks Tekniske Universitet
- Tallinna Tehnikaulikool
- Comfort Consulting Mernoki Tanacsado Es Szolgaltato Kft
- Kungliga Tekniska Hoegskolan
- Inovacijsko-Razvojni Institut Univerze V Ljubljani
- Asociatia Inginerilor de Instalatii Din Romania (Aiir) Filiala Valahia
- Energy Efficiency Center - Eneffectfoundation
- Nederlandse Organisatie Voor Toegepast Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek Tno
Start date: 1/09/2019 - End date: 31/08/2022