This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under Grant Agreement No. 678407.
Achieving near Zero and Positive Energy Settlements in Europe using Advanced Energy Technology
Buildings and settlements are nowadays increasingly expected to meet higher and potentially more complex levels of performance. They should be sustainable, use zero-net energy, be healthy and comfortable, grid-friendly, yet economical to build and maintain. Buildings are central to the EU's energy efficiency policy. Improving the energy performance of Europe's building stock is crucial, not only to achieve the EU's 2020 targets but also to meet the longer term objectives of the climate strategy as laid down in the low carbon economy roadmap 2050.
The aim of ZERO-PLUS (Acronym of "Achieving near Zero and Positive Energy Settlements in Europe using Advanced Energy Technology") research project is to search for buildings design for new highly energy performing buildings (H2020-EE-2015-1-PPP). In this project, a comprehensive, cost-effective modular system for Net Zero Energy (NZE) settlements will be developed and implemented in a series of case studies across the EU.
In ZERO-PLUS, the challenge of significantly reducing the costs of NZE settlements will be achieved through the implementation of three parallel strategies:
- Increasing the efficiency of the components directly providing the energy conservation and energy generation in the NZE settlement.
- Reducing the "balance of system" costs through efficient production and installation processes.
- Reducing operational costs through better management of the loads and resources on a district scale rather than on the scale of a single building.
- ETHNIKO KAI KAPODISTRIAKO PANEPISTIMIO ATHINON
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET MUENCHEN
- BEN-GURION UNIVERSITY OF THE NEGEV
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI PERUGIA
- OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY
- THE CYPRUS INSTITUTE
- POLYTECHNEIO KRITIS
- ABB SPA
- ANERDGY AG
- FIBRAN INSULATING MATERIALS INDUSTRY DIMITRIOS ANASTASIADIS SA
- CONSORZIO ARCA - CONSORZIO PER LA PROMOZIONE DELLE APPLICAZIONI DELLARICERCA E LA CREAZIONE DI AZIENDE INNOVATIVE
- ECO LIMITED
- OFFICE PUBLIC D'AMENAGEMENT ET DE CONSTRUCTION DE L'ISERE OPAC 38
- AETHERIA HEIGHTS LTD
- CONTEDIL DI RICCO MARIA & C SAS
- THE TRUSTEES OF THE JOSEPH ROWNTREE HOUSING TRUST
Start date: 1/10/2015 - End date: 30/09/2020