This event, which is organised by the European Technology and Innovation Platform on Renewable Heating and Cooling (RHC) and will take place on Wednesday 21 June (16.00 - 17.30) in the context of the EUSEW 2017 Policy Conference, will present several innovations in the area of renewable heating and cooling, with a specific focus to the following technology areas:
Post date: 25 May 2017
“BUILDING AND DISTRICT Thermal Retrofit and Management Solutions.”
The THERMOSS project aims to produce an outstanding contribution to the wider deployment of advanced building heating and cooling technologies in the EU, addressing the challenge of 30% energy consumption reduction in buildings and 20% in districts.
THERMOSS was funded by the European Commission under its HORIZON 2020 programme for Energy-Efficient Buildings. Twelve partners from EU and Switzerland will collaborate for the 42 months of the project duration.
Post date: 10 Apr 2017
The December 2016 issue -Volume 64- of the Newsletter of the International Energy Agency Solar Heating and Cooling (IEA SHC) Programme contains information on the latest developments relating to the Solar Heating and Cooling Programme, announcements of upcoming events and new publications.
Specific articles of this issue include:
Post date: 8 Mar 2017
The American Solar Energy Society’s 46th annual National Solar Conference, SOLAR 2017, will be held at the University of Colorado, Denver, on October 9-12, 2017. The event will consist of technical sessions, forum discussions, plenary panels, workshops, fast-paced switch presentations, public solar displays and networking events. SOLAR 2017 is an integral part of the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon (October 5-15, 2017).
Post date: 7 Mar 2017
Solar heating – a technology of the future Innovations from Austria
Post date: 22 Feb 2017
International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Solar World Congress (SWC 2017) - 5th International Conference on Solar Heating and Cooling for Buildings and Industry (SHC 2017)
The International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Solar World Congress (SWC) 2017 will be held together with the 5th International Conference on Solar Heating and Cooling for Buildings and Industry (SHC 2017). The theme of this joint event is: "Innovation for the 100% renewable energy transformation".
Themes and recommended topics for abstract submission include:
Post date: 10 Jan 2017
The European Commission released today a set of legislative measures related to the energy sector, referred to as the Winter Package. Most notably, it contains the revised Renewable Energy Directive (RED), the Energy Efficiency Directive (EED) and Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD). Together, they constitute the legislative pillars underpinning the EU renewable energy sector.
Post date: 30 Nov 2016
Solar houses have a primary energy demand of maximum 15 kWh/m²a for heating and auxiliary. A thermal solar plant covers typically between 60 and 70 percent of the heat demand. The remainder is usually generated by a biomass boiler. The low primary energy demand of the solar houses (in German “Sonnenhäuser” or “SolarAktiv-Häuser”) is linked to additional costs at the building envelope and the building services systems. A new tool, developed at Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (Fraunhofer ISE), allows now the calculation of the necessary additional costs.
Post date: 21 Oct 2016
This report, prepared within the framework of the Solar Heating and Cooling Programme (SHC) of the International Energy Agency (IEA), presents solar thermal market data from 61 countries covering an estimated 95% of the worldwide market (the remaining 5%of the market were extrapolated and are labelled as “all other countries”). These data were collected from a survey of the national delegates of the IEA SHC Programme’s Executive Committee and other national experts active in the field of solar thermal energy.
Post date: 19 Aug 2016
Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Solar Heating and Cooling for Buildings and Industry (SHC 2015)
This publication contains the proceedings (123 manuscripts) of the 4th International Conference on Solar Heating and Cooling for Buildings and Industry - SHC2015, which took place in Istanbul, Turkey from 2 to 4 December 2015.
Post date: 19 Aug 2016