The Templater tool is been conceived by BRE in order to facilitate the implementation of BIM data standards across the asset lifecycle.
This is achieved by providing a free to list opportunity for manufacturers and a free to access for Designers, Constructors, Owners, Operators and Maintainers.
In detail, the Templater tool holds data templates that can be associated with any aspect of the built environment to deliver standardised attributes or parameters that can be mapped to terms for human understanding, CAD or BIM software, or database technologies.
The fundamental content provided is based upon the ISO 16739 data model standards using the buildingSMART IFC 4 implementation and maps the links between real world objects and IFC 4 Types.
This includes their associated property sets, quantity sets and attributes.
The Templater tool is a free tool that provides the capability to identify data requirements against defined industry Actors and work stages in order to facilitate Level of Information within digital plans of work.
The Templater provides:
- Access to multiple template types
- Identified Industry Categories mapped to IFC Object Types
- Implementation of the buildingSMART IFC 4x schema
- A standard list of measures, unit types and enumerators
- Possibility to map templates to a selection of Classification systems including Uniclass 2015, Uniclass 2, Uniclass 1.4, Cisfb, CAWs and Omniclass.
- Export formats for Templates as either COBie SPie, Excel, Word or Json
- Ability to search using the Uniclass 2015
- Ability to search based upon the BuildingSMART Data Dictionary
- Ability to identify attribute delivery against identified CIC work Stages
- Ability to identify attribute delivery against identified industry Actors
Please note that IFC 4 is the current version of the buildingSMART data model (The openBIM core specification).