On 1 June 2016, ASHRAE announced a call for papers for the Second International Conference on Energy and Indoor Environment for Hot Climates, which takes place on 26-27 February 2017, at the Intercontinental Doha City Hotel, in Doha, Qatar. This conference addresses energy and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) issues in humid and arid hot climates. The scope of the conference is to provide a forum for discussion of the latest research and development in the field of indoor environmental quality in high ambient temperature climates.
The Gulf region in general and Qatar in particular is experiencing an escalation in high energy demands primarily because of mega-construction projects. This demand can be lessened by energy-efficient HVAC&R system designs presented at this Conference, which has the objectives to lower energy use and to address the impact of low-energy design on occupant health in different building sectors, for both developed and developing economie
The conference topics include:
- Indoor Air Quality Systems
- Lessons Learned from IAQ Systems in Developing Countries
- Air-Conditioning and Refrigerating Systems
- Sustainability in Buildings
- Energy and Sustainable Development
- Healthy Indoor Environment Protocols
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Indoor Environmental Pollution Sources
- Air Cleaner Performance
- Advances in Filter Materials
- Low Emitting Materials for Better IAQ
- Standards, Codes and Regulations
Abstracts (400 words in length) are due by 1 August 2016. If accepted, papers are due by 10 October 2016.
The conference is organised by ASHRAE, the ASHRAE Qatar Oryx Chapter and Qatar University. For further information, please visit the relevant ASHRAE webpage at the link below.