The European Commission has signed 57 new grants for projects that support Europe's transition to a more energy efficient future. These projects are funded under the 2019 call for proposals of the Horizon 2020 programme under the challenge “secure, clean and efficient energy”.
Approximately €113 million of EU grant funding has been awarded to projects under the following focus areas:
- Consumers & Smart Energy Services: 10 projects receive €24 m.
- Innovative Financing: 11 projects receive €16 m.
- Industry: 5 projects receive €10 m.
- Public Authorities & Policy Support: 8 projects receive €13 m.
- Buildings: 23 projects receive €49 m.
In total, 539 beneficiaries from 38 countries will take part in these projects, of which some 30% are SMEs. In total, EASME evaluated 272 eligible proposals from 68 countries.
Further funding for energy efficiency research, innovation and market uptake project proposals is available during 2020. The last Horizon 2020 Energy Efficiency call for proposals is open with a deadline of 10th September 2020 for proposal submissions. Further details are available on EASME’s website.
Check the original source for further details.