The Buildings Performance Institute Europe (BPIE) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the energy performance of buildings across Europe, and thereby helping to reduce CO2 emissions from the energy used by buildings. BPIE acts both as an independent centre of expertise on all aspects of energy efficiency and renewable energy in European buildings, and as the European centre for the Global Building Performance Network. BPIE is expanding its team and is offering an opportunity to contribute to the further development of our work in an exciting policy environment in Brussels.
BPIE’s mission is to improve the energy performance of buildings by:
• Supporting the development of ambitious - yet pragmatic - buildings-related policies and programs at EU and member state level
• Driving timely and efficient implementation by teaming-up with relevant stakeholders
• Providing fact based analysis and knowledge, and sharing best practice globally through our network
Reporting to a Senior Expert, the roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate are:
• Support the analysis of on-going projects, through research and analysis of the energy performance of buildings and related policies
• Manage data sets and communicate relevant information to relevant team members
• Contribute to the drafting of reports and studies
• Collaborate with other team members as required and support a variety of activities
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• University degree-level education in engineering, economics, physics, political or social sciences,
• Ability to familiarize yourself quickly with new knowledge
• Ability to undertake research with little supervision required
• Ability to manage various tasks and to work with deadlines
• Ability to work well in a small team as well as independently
• Knowledge and interest in energy efficiency policies in the EU
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills
• Flexibility to deliver on a variety of tasks as requested
• Fluency in English, and good knowledge of at least another European language
• Citizen of an EU 27 country
The BPIE offers a paid internship based in Brussels, starting as soon as possible for limited duration (most likely 6 months) under Belgian law. The internship provides a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the area of energy policies for buildings in Europe. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to be part of a small but dynamic team as well as the chance to interact with various stakeholders at EU and Member State level.
A CV and cover letter should be sent to Chantal Despret at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is December 5th, 2012 (by 18h). Please include the job title “Internship” and your name in the subject line of the email.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited for the first round of interviews on the week of December 10 and the second and final round will be held on the week of December 17.
While we will acknowledge all applications received, we regret that we are able only to communicate with those candidates called to interview. Please, no telephone calls.