The Buildings Performance Institute Europe (BPIE) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the energy performance of buildings across Europe, and thereby helping to reduce CO2 emissions from the energy used by buildings. BPIE acts both as an independent centre of expertise on all aspects of energy efficiency and renewable energy in European buildings, and as the European centre for the Global Building Performance Network. BPIE is expanding its team and is offering an opportunity to contribute to the further development of our work in an exciting policy environment in Brussels.
BPIE’s mission is to improve the energy performance of buildings by:
• Supporting the development of ambitious - yet pragmatic - buildings-related policies and programs at EU and member state level
• Driving timely and efficient implementation by teaming-up with relevant stakeholders
• Providing fact based analysis and knowledge, and sharing best practice globally through our network
Reporting to a Senior Expert, the roles and responsibilities as Project Manager are:
• Manage data collection for the energy performance of buildings and related policies across Europe
• Manage data release on BPIE Data Hub for the energy performance of buildings, www.buildingsdata.eu
• Provide data analysis and draft related reports and papers
• Prepare policy analysis and reports based on BPIE’s data base
• Manage third party suppliers, in particular consultants
• Contribute to other BPIE research as requested
• Engage with relevant stakeholders to disseminate BPIE’s results, create and maintain good relationships with international building energy efficiency experts from academia and industry
• Collaborate with other team members as required
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline, such as engineering, political / environmental sciences, physics etc. with particular skills in energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings
• Proven technical competence around data management, interpretation and analysis. Basic knowledge on buildings and energy consumption data collection, gathering and analysis is an advantage
• Familiarity with the EU and Member States climate change and energy policies, with a particular focus on energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings, combined with a good understanding of the current challenges in the building energy efficiency and renewable energy field
• Experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research in relation to energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings policies
• Proven experience in drafting reports and papers
• Previous experience in modelling energy in buildings with specialized software such as TRNSYS
• Proven experience with energy efficiency policy analysis
• Experience in liaising with stakeholder from both private sector and government/EU institutions
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, and experience in managing external consultants
• Willingness to work in small, multicultural team and to be a pro-active and constructive team player
• A minimum of 3 years of professional relevant experience
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills
• Fluency in English, and good knowledge of at least another European language
• Ability and willingness to travel, primarily in Europe.
• Citizen of an EU 27 country
The successful candidate will be a team player with a passion to address climate change and a keen interest to improve and innovate policy making in the field of buildings efficiency. BPIE’s approach requires flexibility in defining priorities in line with political opportunities, as well as openness to engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
The BPIE offers a permanent full-time contract based in Brussels, under Belgian law. Attractive package includes benefits, aligned with experience and skills.
A CV and cover letter should be sent to Chantal Despret at the following email address: email@example.com. Deadline to apply is December 5, 2012 (by 18h). Please include the job title “Project Manager –Data Hub” and your name in the subject line of the email.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited for the first round of interviews on the week of December 10 and the second and final round will be held on the week of December 17.
While we will acknowledge all applications received, we regret that we are able only to communicate with those candidates called to interview. Please, no telephone calls.