The global drive to reduce energy consumption and cool down our urban environments has provided the opportunity for the construction industry and academia to work together to provide innovative solutions for consumers. Cool roof technology can be used to reduce cooling energy demand, by reflecting the sun’s energy and thus preventing the air inside a building heating up. An increase in indoor temperature places heavy loads on air-conditioning systems. This, in turn, can lead to a rise in associated energy consumption – and cost – and the carbon dioxide and greenhouse gas emissions directly attributable to this increased cooling energy use.
In this BUILD UP Web Seminar you will learn:
- What are cool roofing products? How big is the market?
- How much energy can be saved (results from real case studies)?
- Why do we need a product rating programme?
- Welcome and Introduction | Mattheos Santamouris, National Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA) and Cyprus Institute (CYI)
- Cool roofs and the European Cool Roof Council | Denia Kolokotsa, Technical University of Crete (TUC)
- Cool roof market | Rebecca Tonkin, Huntsman
- Questions and Answers #1
- Cool roof case studies | Michele Zinzi, National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA)
- ECRC cool roof rating programme | Afroditi Synnefa, NKUA
- Questions and Answers #2
The European Cool Roofs Council (ECRC) was founded in 2011 to develop scientific knowledge and research in relation to cool roof technology and to promote the use of cool roof products and materials in Europe, including developing a product rating programme for such products and materials.
HOW TO VIEW: Each presentation or Q&A session in the agenda is a separate video within an integrated playlist. You may watch the whole webinar from start to end, skip videos by clicking on >|, or click on PLAYLIST and jump straight to the video you want.
The original announcement for this event can be found here